Below is the outcomes of the recent SEND review, including WWW and EBI.
- Key terms – made explicit through Q+A
- Good paired discussion re terms. Ask a friend.
- Key terms activities using matching activities
- Answer reiterated by the teacher to support hearing or processing difficulties.
- Make sure the pairs are talking to each other.
- Give as a handout. Copying is difficult if visual tracking difficulties. Make sure you check they have got the match correct.
- Good use of the white board to support learning/memory.
- Clear classrooms reduce sensory overload.
- Reduce amount on slide. Provide simple back up worksheet. Students not always getting information down
- Use the full screen
- Less clutter around the whiteboard
- Less clutter around the room
- Lots of time checks, countdowns to each activity.
- Good use of chunking, clearly see sequence of learning – from/to.
- Use a visual timeline – supports all learners.
- All the clocks worked!